The representative modernist building of the Croatian Medical Home, seat of the Croatian Medical Association, a public association of Croatian physicians, medical professionals and dentists, opened in 1937.
Since then it has been the central point of gathering for all local medical experts. The four-storey commercial-residential building with a one-storey backyard wing was built in 1935/36 according to the project by the architects F. Cota and Z. Požgaj. The building is recognizable by its rationalist spatial solution and balanced composition of the main facade, while the interior decoration and equipment are marked by prominent stylistic art-deco details, characteristic of the early phase of Croatian architectural modernism.
The Croatian Medical Home was thoroughly renovated in 1999, and it is frequently included among the most significant accomplishments of the Croatian functionalist architecture of international style.